How to Write an SOP for a Canada Tourist Visa?
Canada is certainly a very sight-after travel destination encompassing busy cities, beautiful ambiance, and indulging foods. It is one of those countries that is truly multicultural with ample amounts of opportunities for any type of career and just a warm and kind city, on the whole, to visit and spend time at some point of your life. Besides career enthusiasts and international students, you can find a large number of tourists visiting Canada every year. Hence, with the colossal increase in the number of people seeking Canadian Visa, it is essential to be extremely careful and well-informed concerning the prerequisites for the Visa.
Although Canada is one of the go-to and popular destinations for immigrants, it is also a popular destination for tourists to enjoy their vacation times and spend quality time to get a break from their regular lives. As a bi-product, people need to get themselves a quality SOP for their Canadian tourist visa. As a tourist, you will have to qualify and get through certain parameters. At this point, it is most advisable to get yourself a professional who knows about writing a professional statement of purpose for tourist visas. Keep note that each and every international travel destination has its own specific parameters which need to be followed to get where you expect to be in the most feasible way. And Canada is no different than the other countries. If you feel like there are too many factors involved in drafting a tourist visa SOP, you can choose to seek a professional to help you with writing the statement of purpose.
There are various genres in which SOPs can be written. Each genre will accentuate different sets of factors. SOP plays a prominent role in getting your tourist visa approved and you need to write yours in association with the requirements of your visit. The foremost criteria are to state your intentions for entering the country precisely and clearly. A neat SOP with minimal errors and precision can shorten the processing period shorter.
Criteria to maintain
An SOP is a very important requirement for acquiring a Canadian tourist visa and you must maintain the following criteria strictly
- Originality is one of the main factors and your SOP must be written uniquely
- The information must have clarity and coherence
- You must avoid grammatical errors at all costs as it will give a negative impression
- Do not provide repetitive information
Common doubts and concerns
It is natural to have a plethora of questions and doubts while drafting an SOP for a tourist visa application. We have addressed some of those questions below.
Word limit – Most people have concerns regarding the word limit for the SOP. It is best to keep it under 1000 words. Clarity is more important than the number of words. Within the word limit, you must mention your purpose of visit, your intentions to stay and the names of places and also the dates. This word limit is to make sure that the committee can maintain the impression that you are indeed visiting for travel and leisure. There is the need to establish this understanding or else the commission may reject the VISA on grounds of vague expression o motive and purpose.
Purpose – Each one of you can have different reasons to visit Canada and you can have concerns about how you must present them. You must always incorporate your purpose of visit in the most straightforward manner in the statement of purpose. It is important to be precise and cautious while making a mark of these essays as they must not drag on. They shall be crisp precise and explain the purpose what it may be.
Style – You need to follow a neutral tone while writing your tourist visa SOP. Having a very formal tone can make the flow of the SOP very rigid and a very casual tone can make it informal. Hence, maintaining a neutral tone will serve the purpose best.
Parameters – There are certain parameters that are to be mentioned mandatorily. We have listed those parameters below for your convenience
Parameters to mention
- Do not go into details about what you intend to do in the country you are visiting. As in here, it is Canada. Give them a short and brief answer without going on too much about your doings in detail.
- Make it a point to mention it at the beginning of the statement as to whether it’s a business trip or just a personal trip to the specific country of your visit.
- Always pen in the number of days you intend to stay in the country of your visit. This is an important factor that will be verified for the issue of your Canadian tourist visa.
- Without giving out too much and going into details, pen down the places you intend to visit and the activities you intend to do in the country of your visit. For example: if it’s Niagara Falls, then let it know in the statement of purpose about your intention to visit Niagara Falls and keep it brief. Revealing too much information will make your SOP too lengthy and dragging. It is essential to keep the information crisp.
- Do not forget to mention if you plan to travel with a group of people or you are planning to travel alone. Also mention whether you intend to stay in your relative’s residence or your friend’s during your stay in the respective country. If you intend to stay in a hotel of your choice, then please do mention the name of your hotel along the lines. This will inform the visa committee that you are well aware and have a solid plan.
- In case you are not visiting any friends or family who are already in Canada, you must include your intended place of stay and a rough itinerary for your course of visit clearly
- A quick and short example would be: “I intend to visit the country of Canada for the next two weeks as a form of personal trip. I also intend to bring my husband and two children along with me during the duration of my trip. While in Canada, I along with my family plan to visit my relatives in Toronto and also attend the raptors basketball games as a part of our visit”
- If you have a particular sponsor to sponsor your trip to Canada, then mention the details of the sponsor and the prime reason they are sponsoring you for. This sponsor will be considered as your primary financial source for the trip
- Mentioning your financial information relevant to your trip in a clear manner can help you with the clearance process.
- If you fail to submit the basic required documents, then write down the reasons as to why you won’t be able to provide the necessary documents and pen down the alternative documentation that you have submitted instead of the basic required ones. These reasons must be backed up with proofs and other details if necessary
- Creating a proper itinerary of plans with all the details is also advisable for the best.
What not to do
- Do not present incoherent pieces of information. This will have a negative impact on how your tourist visa SOP is viewed
- Plagiarism is a big “no-no” when it comes to writing SOPs. As always, it is frowned upon by every commission in the world and Canada does not tolerate it. They shall not allow a person based on plagiarized VISA and that leads to the most unhealthy and unscrupulous practice of documents and application forgery. Thus plagiarism is not at all advised.
- Good structure is very important for any SOP. Never write an incoherent and unstructured SOP as it will not be pleasant to read.
- Try to avoid grammatical errors as much as possible to increase the effectiveness of the SOP
- Do not overwhelm your SOP with unwanted information. Keep the writing simple and straightforward. The information will speak for itself and so will your motive. Too much might irritate the VISA officer and that may lead to a rejection.
- All the information you provide in this document can be verified and cross-checked. So it is not a good idea to include any false information
You may also like to read this Post:-
How to Write SOP for Canadian Universities