How to become a content writer?
Have you ever ambitioned writing for real? Do you have the zeal to write nonchalantly on various topics? If you have that deadly passion for writing, enriching vocabulary, and want to get paid for it, then you have landed on the right page. Here is where you find tips on how to become a proficient content writer, its advantages, pay-scale, and pretty much everything addressing your concerns.
Read More: Is Content Writing A Good Career?
- Surface the reality.
First of all, congratulate yourself for being a citizen of the 21st century clan. This has automatically enabled you to relish many gifts that weren’t just possible a few decades ago. Internet has democratized content and these contents add fuel to the existing internet.
It has become incredibly simpler now, crediting the big data, of which we are all a part of. With the invasion of social media into our lives, role of magazines/newspapers is nearly at stake.
Thankfully becoming a content writer today is just a click away. You may pursue it full-time or you can even write as a freelancer from home. You enjoy absolute independency in choosing your desire and get paid at a regular basis.
Read More : How to Improve Content Writing Skills
Nonetheless, the other side of the coin has its say too. Content writing may victimized you with low pay at times. There will be gambits of quick turnovers. And do not expect to write on topics you have a knack for. You may have to write about any maroon, redundant topic which you are unfamiliar with.
- Kick-start with honing skills.
In order to be able to be a prolific writer, you have to keep these things in mind-
- Practice writing daily. No matter what ever be the topic, make it a habit to write for at least 30 minutes a day. Refrain from using any such electronic gizmos, checking your whatsapp notifications or ilk in this phase. Follow this sincerely.
- Enhance your vocabulary. Get a handy dictionary. Whenever you find a new word, ensure ascertaining its meaning as soon as you can. Also, you can learn five new words everyday – this habit would help you immensely in the long run.
- Read the newspaper. Learn the tone, structure and style of articles. You can also read an article, for instance, and rephrase the same in your own words. This would be a stepping leverage for you, as a writer.
- Be a voracious reader. Reading will not only provide you ideas to construct a sentence but also will augment the flow of writing. You will be aware about how a story revolves into a theme. Fast reading will always keep you at a higher position.
Get a degree.
A writing degree will focus on improving your organizational skills, your project management skills, your ability to create user guides and documents, and your ability to write content for online formats.
There is a growing demand for technical writers who can explain complex procedures to the average reader and with a degree at hand, it’s even nicer. They provide you with a certificate that is beneficial for you especially if you are new to the writing bizz.
Robohelp or Framemaker can provide you online classes too. You can entertain these, if you wish.
Read More: Start Your Own Content Writing Company
- Grab the online platform
It is way convenient today to get a pool of freelancers online. Set up a CV elucidating your recent works. There are several sites where you can apply as a freelancer, such as Upwork, LinkedIn, etc. Herein you can discuss your pay per word or content.
You have to follow a stringent work time basis – you have to submit your work in that time frame. Presence of veracity in these platforms is high. It is absolutely trustable and a great source of income as a side business.
You need to accept that this is going to be cut throat competitive. You’re hero ingredient to manifest a tasty dish would be quality that you deliver. It is always a selling point.
There will be a rousing opportunities that you can get, you just need to see it, grab it and utilize it.
Equip yourself with the knowledge and strengths to differentiate yourself in a crowded marketplace. It may be hard to crack into – but when you finally do it, there’s nothing in the world more satisfying!
Write with Love!
Google my name and [Say my name, Walter White]